Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Albums I like - 3



 

It was thinking about the first two "Albums I like" posts that got me posting again today after a lengthy break. Or rather, it was thinking about this album and how I would definitely include it: Hydronomic Wave by Lunarsea.

I love EVERYTHING about this album. I love the metal vocals (remind me of Disarmonia Mundi ♥), I love the clean vocals (remind me of Sting), I love the drums, which are super awesome...fucking everything. If I had paid for this album, it would be well worth the money, I can assure you.

For me, it's the clean vocals that really make this such a great album. Normally I hate the clean, metal-core style rousing chorus bullshit whatever, but on this album they're done really fucking well. The tunes aren't predictable, neither is the format - these are definitely not choruses, they're just sections in the song and they fit perfectly. My ear drums LOVE IT.

So, yeah, their Marchives picture is a bit faggy, but fuck it, this is one of my favourite albums ever :D

No comments:

Post a Comment