Thursday, July 30, 2009

A blaze in the northern sky




This is Agamoth (right) and friend (I didn't catch your name, sorry!).

Agamoth is the vocalist for Lovecraft-inspired black metal band Abgott. I asked him how he felt about Varg Vikernes' imminent release from prison*; "About time" was his response. He laughed when I joked about him getting out and going after the rest of Mayhem (stolen joke, I know) but he said overall he didn't care about him too much. I got the feeling he didn't really want to talk about it- black metal gets a lot of bad press and I suppose when you're in your own band, the last thing you want to bring up is murderers on the scene.

They were nice guys and the band (originally from Italy) are based in London now, so might have to check them out sometime.

*I met these guys outside the Testament gig back in March, which was before Varg got released

No comments:

Post a Comment