Friday, October 2, 2009

Illdisposed


I have been full of rancid illness this week, which means few emails between me and J and a complete lack of motivation to post anything whatsoever.

So now, because I feel like it, here's some shit pictures and some shitter updates on the vaguely metal-related things I've been up to recently.

I passed my latin exam with 85/100 - that's not metal, but I do like to tell people about it. Started back at college for the new academic year at a new location and now use Bond Street Station, which appears to have a touch of the kvlt about it:

Can't work out if they're a Burzum fan, a typography fanatic or just a bit goth.

As the nights grow longer, everything's been getting a bit more grim. I've been on a black metal binge lately, reading Lords of Chaos. I was too cheap to buy it and so printed out the PDF: free but makes for inconvenient reading on the tube.

I also drew the Moonblood logo onto my shirt:

Not very exciting, but I was pleased with how it turned out. I had to rip the German flags off the arms so a) people stop accusing me of trying to be hip and b) to stop visitors at work thinking I speak German. I said they were fucking retards, P said it was kind of fair enough. Whatever.

The NHS wants my blood!

I don't think they really want it though, because I had two new piercings done.

It brings the count up to...21. Hardly Elaine Davidson, but sadly I have to remain employable.

After the 'mutilation' as my grandmother likes to call it, I met J and we walked up to see Tankard at the Underworld.

Shit picture, great gig.

Last weekend I went with P and S to see Speed Theory, Mutant and Evile in Islington. Speed Theory I've never heard of, but they were pretty good to watch.

Now I have supposedly seen Mutant before when they supported Municipal Waste downstairs in Islington a while back. I have NO RECOLLECTION of this whatsoever (although I remember watching MW and TH), so I treated it like it was my first time seeing them.

Turned out they were really good fun. P and S moshed away whilst I stood at the front and a wonderful time was had by all. I got some insane bruising on my legs from the front speaker stand:

And here's a really bad picture of the set list:

It's a shame we didn't just leave the gig there and then, because headliners Evile were massively boring. Well executed and technically faultless...but really fucking dull nonetheless. Drunk and disappointed, I spent some time in the ladies', defacing a poster:

So there you have it, one month of craziness in the life of a twenty-something metal-loving Londoner.

(Sense the sarcasm. Life south of the river is slllllllllow).


1 comment:

  1. Bond Street Station are obviously trve believers

    ReplyDelete